Date: June 14-17
Cost: Early Bird $525 through April 15th, Week of $600
Contact: Program Advisor, Alana Kessler
The purpose of this training is to offer and guide your understanding of basic principles in anatomy, energetics, breathing, sequencing and language. These skills will be applied using the Yin Yoga method through lecture, practice, self study, and asana laboratories. As a result your engagement with the subtle body will deepen and a new and more refined relationship to your practice and teaching will unfold.
Yin Yoga is a method of practice where the actions of pulling and compression are applied to the connective tissues of the body through passive postures held for 3 – 5 minutes. By careful and intentional application of the methods, the organs and related systems find continuous balance.
- 4 days of class time.
- Home work.
- Practice teaching & support
- Conduct an online class taught and observed by the group.
- 2 or 3 teleclasses as follow up.
In this advanced and comprehensive course, you will learn:
- The foundational Yin Yoga postures for organ health & variations
- An introduction to the 5 elements of Chinese Medicine
- The concepts and application of Yin Yoga & The relationship to the nervous system
- How to teach simple and informative anatomical and energetic principles
- The anatomy & technique of proper breathing
- Proper utilization of props and how to teach your students to use them
- 10 of the most useful pose adjustments
- How to create a sequence & a theme
- The art of holding space while teaching
- How to troubleshoot the effects of people’s expectations.
Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers; An innovative synthesis of traditional yoga, meditation, & Eastern approaches to Healing & Well-being.